1. All players, coaches and teams are in good standing in their respective league.
2. Team Rosters will be limited to a maximum of twelve (12) players for 8U-9U Academy. 8U will play 7v7 and 9U will play in 9v9 format. Team rosters will be limited to a maximum of sixteen (16) players for 10U Academy to play in a 9v9 format. There are no guest players allowed for Academy teams. Team rosters will be limited to a maximum of sixteen (16) players for 11U-12U teams, including up to 3 guest players. Team rosters will be limited to a maximum of eighteen (18) players for 13U-18Uteams, including up to 3 guest players. Preliminary games will be two (20) min half’s with a 5 minute halftime for 8U-9U. Preliminary games will be two (25) min half’s with a 5 minute halftime for 10U-12U. Preliminary games will be two (30) min half’s with a 5 minute halftime for 13U-14U. Preliminary games will be two (35) min half’s with a 5 minute halftime for 15U-18U.
3. Players may not play for more than one team in the tournament.
4. Players will need to be prepared to provide proper proof of age and identity. Players must provide a birth certificate and/or school ID or another form of proof of age in the event someone questions a player’s age. Players who do not provide proof of age when asked will cause their team to forfeit all games that player participated in.
5. Team entry deadline is 11/01/20. Rosters will be frozen November 13, 2020 at 10a
6. Games will begin at 6p on Friday, November 13, 2020. Please note that if you are a traveling team you must be ready to play on Friday so please make sure you plan ahead. Also please plan for weather delays. Finals will be played on Sunday afternoon.
7. Each team must have unique numbered jerseys. Alternate jerseys or numbered T-shirts must be available with a unique number for each player. Pennies may be used over the jersey to resolve color conflicts. A goalkeeper is not required to have a number on his jersey but should be identified by number on the roster. Violators will be removed from the field and not allowed back on the field of play until player’s equipment is corrected. Home Team is the team listed first on schedule. Home Team will change jerseys if there is a color conflict.
8. A game may be declared a forfeit by the Tournament Director if a team is not ready to play within ten (10) minutes of the published game time. At halftime the teams must be ready to resume play within five minutes of the referee’s designation.
9. 11U and younger will not engage in heading. When a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the offense. If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred. If a player does not deliberately head the ball, then play should continue.
All participants must complete all requested releases before they will be permitted to register and participate.
Age Division Birth Year Range
1. All referee decisions are final. No protests, except for illegal players will be considered. In the event a claim of an illegal player, the tournament committee will be notified immediately.
2. Protests: The only protests allowed will be to challenge a player’s age. To do so there will be a NON-REFUNDABLE fee of $100. If a team executes 2 failing challenges during the tournament, no further challenges will be accepted from that team.
3. Virtual ID Cards will be used. All players, coaches and managers must be on the team’s official roster to show up on the Virtual ID Cards. Virtual ID Cards are generated from Got Soccer event roster. The coach or manager checking in the team will need a smart phone. You will need to have your Virtual ID Cards ready to view before each game on your smart phone for the referees to check-in the team before each game.
4. Teams will be allowed unlimited substitutions during stoppage of play, with the referee’s permission.
5. The home team will be the team that is on the left side of the schedule. The home team will wear it’s lightest colored uniform. The visiting team will wear its darkest colored uniform. If a conflict remains, the home team will change to resolve the conflict.
6. Any send-off must be reported to the Tournament Committee at the complex Headquarters immediately after the game ends. Any player or coach sent- off (other than on account of receiving two cautions in the same game) shall automatically sit out the next played tournament game with their team (unless the send-off occurred in the last game of the tournament for that player or coach, in which case such player or coach would be required to sit out their next scheduled game played). If the send-off was for fighting, or if it is the player’s second tournament send-off, the player will be suspended from the remainder of the tournament. Any player receiving three (3) cautions (yellow cards) in the tournament must sit out the next played tournament game with their team (unless the third caution occurred in the last game of the tournament for that player or coach, in which case such player or coach would be required to sit out their next scheduled game played). Gambit Committee has the right to hold a hearing and increase the suspension at its discretion. Any player sent off must immediately report to the tournament headquarters with a manager or parent. Any coaches or spectators sent off must report immediately to the tournament headquarters.
7. A game will be considered complete once the second half has begun.
8. In the event of inclement weather, format for tournament play and/or completion of the tournament will be determined by the tournament committee and the complex. The Complex will have final say so.
9. In case of rain, HARD RAIN, NOT A SPRINKLE , we will send out a mass email via Got Soccer and post updates on Gambit website and social media platforms. If inclement weather cancels the tournament prior to the completion of a team’s first scheduled game of the tournament, a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of the team’s entry fee may be retained by the tournament to cover start- up costs of the tournament.
10. In the event the referee or linesmen are missing from the field, immediately notify the Tournament Committee at the complex Headquarters.
11. If a game has played one full half but is stopped short of fulltime, other than acts on the part of one of the teams ,the game shall be considered complete. Full-length games, if tied will be determined by the tiebreaker procedure.
12. Gambit Committee , or their designee, is empowered to make all decisions regarding the competition during the tournament. The decision of the Gambit Committee or Tournament Director is final in all matters. No appeals will be allowed beyond that point.
13. Player misconduct (cautions and ejections) will be reported to the tournament committee after each game. In the event of an ejection, the player is automatically disqualified from playing the next game. All players receiving three (3) yellow cards during the tournament will be disqualified from playing the next game. Any player ejected for fighting, joining in on a fight, or abuse and/or assault of a referee or other players will be suspended for the remainder of the tournament. Any player that is ejected must immediately report to the tournament headquarters before play will resume. Failure to do so result in player’s team forfeiting the current game. Team will also not be allowed to participate in future Gambit Sports Group tournaments.
14. In the event a referee terminates a final match while the teams are tied, co-champions will be declared.
Regardless of weather conditions, players and coaches must be on the field at the scheduled time, ready to play. In case of inclement weather or field conditions, games may:
· Be shortened – The Tournament Director may reduce the length of the matches due to weather conditions before the start of the match; all such matches will be considered official.
· Move times according to delays.
· Go to “Taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark”.
· Cancel the tournament all together. *** Please note that Gambit Sports Group has NO say so or control of the facilities. We will do our very best to work with them in case of rain to continue play. They do have the final say so in regards to field conditions.
If the Tournament Director rules that Taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark will be done, due to inclement weather or field conditions, the following rules will apply:
· Each team will take a maximum of five (5) penalty kicks.
· At the end of five (5) kicks, the game will be scored 1-0 win for the team that made the most kicks. If at the end of the five (5) kicks, the teams are tied, the teams will then advance to another round of five (5) kicks until a winner is determined.
Only referees, Tournament Director can suspend a match already started due to weather conditions. Any one single suspension of a match may last no longer than ninety (90) minutes.
In the case of extreme weather (heat humidity), a break will be given at the midpoint of each half regulation time and at the end of each overtime period (if played) for player hydration. This break will be given at a normal stoppage of play.
The Gambit Sports Group will follow the US Soccer concussion guidelines, which includes all potential head injuries being evaluated by the onsite Health Care Professional (HCP) designated by the tournament director.
Championship Final Ceremony
Following the completion of all championship games, the competing teams will present themselves to Gambit Sports Group Stage.
For further questions or info please…